“Thank you for a wonderful keynote… Your presentation on why diverse schools and communities are good for all of us was very well received by the audience.”
-Northern Virginia Director, Voices for Virginia’s Children
“This presentation opened my eyes.”
-National Conference -Natl. Assoc. for School Based Health Care
Our schools, workplaces, communities celebrate diversity, but what does that really mean? Do we nostalgically picture a school made up of the Brady Bunch when we think of a “good school” or neighborhood? Do schools run programs for parents that attract only a small group of families without reaching out to find out what the other parents need and want? Do workplaces create an environment where only one type of individual feels valued and respected?
Eileen Kugler presents the compelling case that diversity enhances education for all students – and our society at large. She takes her audience on a riveting journey with her, as a white middle-class parent challenged to embrace the diversity of her own community who became a national advocate for multicultural schools and neighborhoods. Eileen has worked with immigrant families in U.S. schools and disenfranchised families in South African township schools and understands how to move schools where they need to be to serve all our students.
As a respected thought leader in diversity and inclusion in the education realm, Eileen brings a fresh perspective as a speaker on workplace issues. Schools are the front line of diversity, with student bodies filled with individuals of different cultures, races, religions, family structures, and gender perspectives. These are the bosses, workers, and customers of the future! Eileen shares lessons learned for today’s diverse workplaces in her unique powerful style.
“Eileen’s enthusiastic and knowledgeable approach to incorporating the whole community into each school is a tremendous tool for all school and community leaders.” Office of Multicultural Education, Prince William County Public Schools, Va.
All keynotes are tailored to your audience. Some popular topics include:
Debunking the Myths: Why Diverse Schools are Good for All Kids
- Break through the myth-perceptions that poison public attitudes.
- Recognize the unique benefits that diversity brings to all.
- Be challenged to take the actions that strengthen these academic goldmines.
Building Family Engagement by Valuing Parents’ Dreams
- Understand why a family’s distance from school doesn’t mean disrespect.
- Discover how to give voice to parents’ dreams.
- Learn strategies to connect with families so their children can succeed academically and socially.
Beyond Celebrating: How Diversity Strengthens our Workplaces and Neighborhoods
- Gain insight into the realities of how diversity benefits each of us
- Become a leader in finding solutions rather than stereotyping and scapegoating
- Go beyond celebrating diversity to championing diversity
Breaking through the Cocoon: Empowering Yourself to Grow Beyond Your Comfort Zone
- Understand the difference between “right” and comfortable
- Learn strategies for moving beyond a clique of sameness to the growth of diversity
- Build stronger schools, workplaces and communities by championing diversity
Contact Eileen to discuss a keynote that will get your audience talking, and even more, get them thinking!