“Before I came to the leadership classes, I felt this barrier, like I was looking at things from a distance. Now I see that as parents we all share the same concerns and objectives. My son is in the ninth grade and he wants to go to college. These classes have helped me learn how to motivate and encourage him.”
-Parent from Bolivia, graduate of Immigrant Parent Leadership Class
Building Parents Groups for the 21st Century
- Learn how diversity provides unique learning opportunities for students and for parents.
- Analyze current parent programming to assess how welcoming and inclusive it is.
- Develop strategies that effectively engage parents of all backgrounds.
Parent Leadership Development: Become a Leader at Home, in School, and in the Community
- Discuss personal barriers to parent involvement and what is needed to overcome them
- Learn how to partner with the school to increase your child’s success.
- Become an advocate for all children.
“Your have a message that needs to be heard by all… Your experience, outlook and presentation of the positive components that diversity give as a school is very good news to all. I hope to have you back.”
-Fairfax County Council of PTA’s